Trust Yo Self, Trust Yo Life

paper boat morguefile

Life is a river, a current you can float on or fight against.

There’s no need to fight your way upstream. The current will take you where you need to go, but only if you can float.

If you’re thrashing around trying to hold onto the current, trying to direct it and make it give you what you want – you will sink.

Floating requires trust… being open, being vulnerable, being love – without resisting, without resenting, without fighting, without blaming.

And life will start to support you.

The current can be unpredictable, you may get stuck or run into rapids or a rocky patch. So give yourself permission to be in a rocky patch.

Without judging, without being mad, without hating, without forcing an outcome… set the course and allow the journey to unfold.

Trust that you are exactly where you need to be, and every experience is an opportunity to become a better you.

That’s when your wildest dreams will start to materialize.

Relax. You got this!

John

John Kalinowski
John Kalinowski is a Redding native based in New York. He’s an NYU-Certified Life Coach, Mindfulness Expert, Columnist, Speaker, Entrepreneur, Traveler, Art-Lover, and Truth-Teller. You can connect with him on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, or visit his website at johnkalinowski.com.

1. A. Jacoby says:

So simple . . . . yet so hard.

2. A. Jacoby says:

I used to express it this way to my mother, who was a constant worrier and fretter: “Mom, just walk through the open doors in your life and try not to get a bloody nose on the ones that slam shut in front of you,” Not quite as well put as your piece this morning, but the thought was pretty much the same.

• EasternCounty says:

A friend whose wife was a constant  “what if-er”.  What if such-and-such happens?!  What will happen then?!  His response was, “What if it doesn’t happen?”  We can worry ourselves into a frenzy over something that never happens.

3. KarenC says:

Really? Had I just gone with the flow, I would not have been married to the nice guy I have been married to for 53 years.  Had I gone with the flow, I would not have had the wonderful opportunities I  had in my life, not only with my volunteer work but my short career  Short, because I was a stay at home mom who did not go into a career until my baby was a high school senior, all made possible because I married a great guy with ambition to succeed.  Had I gone with the flow, I would have ended up divorced.  I  believe we make our own journey, carefully, with a watchful eye and trust in your inner guidance. Stuff happens, life has its bumps, but you can handle them and still stay on track to what you want you like to be like.  Or. at least come pretty darn close.

4. Illuminous says:

Thanks John, words that hit home and need to be reminded of every now and again

5. Marie Bryant says:

Nice metaphor! Love it!

6. Ginny says:

I sent your column to a cousin who is having bad depression and won’t take meds to help.  I don’t know if the column helped, but I felt it might.  Very good way to look at life.  Thank you.