Phil’s Funny: Moonwhiners

phil_laughingPhil Fountain is a cartoonist, writer and occasional bed-wetter based in the far reaches of Northern Californey.

A News Cafe, founded in Shasta County by Redding, CA journalist Doni Chamberlain, is the place for people craving local Northern California news, commentary, food, arts and entertainment. Views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of anewscafe.com.

is a cartoonist and writer a based in the far reaches of Northern Californey.
Comment Policy: We welcome your comments, with some caveats: Please keep your comments positive and civilized. If your comment is critical, please make it constructive. If your comment is rude, we will delete it. If you are constantly negative or a general pest, troll, or hater, we will ban you from the site forever. The definition of terms is left solely up to us. Thank you. Carry on.

1. Handouts Don't says:

AWESOME Phil! Awesome!

You've once again captured the true spirit, culture and philosophy of the area!

Brilliant!

Gee – we wonder why the "good" employers won't come here. They too realize the true spirit, culture and philosophy of the area. Not to mention the lack of education and work ethic of the area as well.

These cartoons help reinforce the truth!

Keep it up!

• Matt Grigsby says:

Why bother living in a community filled with people and things you despise? I get that you're trying to get people to take your bait but it's so tiresome. You don't have to live in a town you hate.

2. John says:

Your drawing style reminds me of Gilbert Shelton. Great Illustrations.

3. Dottie says:

Phil, Well done again. I had a homeless man chase me on Hilltop Dr., screaming for me to give him money. Luckily, I made it into a store, and he moved on. I sure could have used a couple of those Brownies the child in your cartoon is enjoying!

Redding is changing too fast for me, and not for the better. Plan on moving out soon.

4. Shirley says:

This is Great- Northstate reality!

5. Claudia says:

Phil…great to have you back. Always enjoy your art and humor!

6. Budd Hodges says:

Philbert…Another homerun on that toon. Our cash crop here in Jefferson is giving us an edge on the Emerald Triangle. Hey it's 4:20, gotta go!

Regards, dear old Budd