Innovate North State announced today the 100 businesses in the region who will make up the inaugural “Nor-Cal 100” – a group of manufacturers located in Northern California that are making tremendous economic contributions. The Nor-Cal 100 will be honored at the first American Manufacturing Repatriation Summit, which occurs on Thursday, May 9 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company’s “Big Room” in Chico. Title Sponsor of the Summit is U.S. Bank. Seating is limited, so advance registration is highly recommended. Visit www.innovate-northstate.com or call 530-892-1707 to register.
Presenting the honors to the 100 Northern California manufacturers will be USDA Rural Development State Director Dr. Glenda Humiston and Louis Stewart from the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development. Innovate North State Managing Director Jon Gregory was pleased at the caliber of manufacturers who will be honored at the Summit, stating “the 100 manufacturers that make up the inaugural Nor-Cal 100 represent an amazing, in many cases unknown, group of business who are innovating throughout Northern California, selling products all over the world, and bringing dollars back home to the region.”
THE 2013 NOR-CAL 100 MANUFACTURERS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SEVEN REDDING BUSINESSES
Cook Concrete Products
In addition to a Manufacturers “Town Hall” session, the American Manufacturing Repatriation Summit will feature a number of compelling speakers, including:
- Richard Davis, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of U.S. Bancorp.
- Ulrich Honighausen, Founder, Hausenware and a key player in Starbuck’s “Create Jobs for USA” campaign
- Sandeep Duggal, Chief Executive Officer, Extron Inc. who has spearheaded the Last Mile Manufacturing initiative and made recent appearances on the CEO Show and at the Democratic Governor’s Association Policy Conference on Job Creation
- Ed Frauenheim, Author/Senior Editor, Workforce Management Magazine, who recently authored a featured cover story on jobs trends associated with re-shoring of manufacturing
- Paul Stark, Regional Manager, who will speak about Manufacturing Extension Centers role in strengthening USA manufacturing and deploying federal policy at the factory level
- Daren Otten, Sustainable Manufacturing Program Coordinator at California State University Chico’s College of Engineering
- Don Krysakowski, Executive Director, Work Training Center
Additional sponsors of the American Manufacturing Repatriation Summit include Gallina LLP, Work Training Center, Manex Consulting and CSU Chico’s Center for Economic Development.
-from press release